Recipe by Bake-a-holic!!!
From "All Time Favorite Recipes"
Top Review by JESMom
This was okay. I made it and a bunch of other pies for Thanksgiving, and this wasn't even touched. I think it was because it is so dark. I very much prefer traditional pecan pie, partly because I found this to be rather dry.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecan halves or 1 1⁄4 cups pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium sauce pan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate.
- Stir in milk, hot water and eggs; mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in pecans, vanilla and salt.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until center is set.
- Garnish as desired.