Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is gooey, rich , unbelieveable. A party must.It came from a Hershey cookbook.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder, plus
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 egg whites, at room temp
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate (broken into pieces) or 1 1⁄2 cups hershey semisweet chips
- Line bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with foil Butter foil and sides of pan Set aside.
- Beat egg whites,cream of tartar and salt until stiff peaks form in small bowl Set aside.
- Combine melted butter, the sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl,beat well.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in cocoa, flour, oil,and water;beat well Stir in chopped pecans Carefully fold in egg whites to chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until top cracks slightly.
- (Cake will NOT test done in center) Cool 1 hour Cover, chill til firm Remove side of pan Make GLAZE Combine chocolate and cream in small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- DO NOT BOIL Remove from heat.
- Cool, stirring occasionally until mixture begins to thicken, about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour over cake letting it run down the sides.
- Top with pecan halves if desired.
- Let chill before serving to harden topping.