Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A rich, fudgy, chocolate dessert that is gluten free and egg free! It can even be made into a lava cake, or microwaved!
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free flour (King Arthur)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons cream or 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 dash vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 -8 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 4 medium ramekins with cooking spray; set aside. If microwaving, spray mugs with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt until no streaks remain.
- Add in sour cream and 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil, and mix with a spoon until a thick paste forms.
- Mix in cream and vanilla until completely combined.
- Whisk in your remaining 1/4 cup of vegetable oil until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop an equal amount of batter into each ramekin, using about 1/3 of cup for each cake.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes for a lava cake, or 23-26 minutes for a fully cooked cake. If microwaving, cook for 2-4 minutes in mugs.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, and turn the cakes out onto a plate or platter.
- Serve warm with a dusting of powdered sugar, and a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!
Full of flavor and surprisingly moist being gluten free. So delicious!