Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Mom's recipe. This cools into a fudgy texture. Excellent as a topping for chocolate pound cake, boston cream pie, or eclair cake, and the ingredients are always on hand. Make sure you cook the fist step until completely smooth, and sift, sift, sift the powdered sugar!
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon clear corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Combine first 5 ingredients in small saucepan.
- Cook and stir with wooden spoon over medium-low heat until completely smooth.
- Remove from heat, and beat in the sifted powdered sugar until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake immediately, while very warm. Allow to cool and firm up before cutting cake.