Recipe by troyh
I usually double this recipe and omit the walnuts since I don't like nuts. It makes a very rich, fudgy brownie, perfect for chocoholics!
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Butter an 8-inch square pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with wax paper, then butter and flour the paper.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate with butter, stirring to blend.
- Remove from the heat and stir in sugar, egg, salt, flour, walnuts and vanilla.
- Spread in the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then turn out onto rack and peel wax paper from bottom.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut in squares.
- Dust brownies with confectioners' sugar if desired.