Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I usually double this recipe and omit the walnuts since I don't like nuts. It makes a very rich, fudgy brownie, perfect for chocoholics!
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Butter an 8-inch square pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with wax paper, then butter and flour the paper.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate with butter, stirring to blend.
- Remove from the heat and stir in sugar, egg, salt, flour, walnuts and vanilla.
- Spread in the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then turn out onto rack and peel wax paper from bottom.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut in squares.
- Dust brownies with confectioners' sugar if desired.
They are fudgy alright. The only problem is that they came out too thin. I think its better to double the recipe and still bake in the original required baking pan
It's the first time i made brownies and it turned out so great becasue of the recipe. I double the batch and skipped the walnuts with a few chocolate chips instead. It took me not more than an hour. I think I can use less sugar next time. cheers.
I liked the taste and texture of these brownies -- easy to make and I had no problems getting them out of the pan -- but I found the batter spread a bit too thin for my liking. I made a double batch and split it into 2 pans but next time I'd put it all in one for a thicker brownie. As others say, make sure not to overcook them. Although they come out pretty soft they definitely firm up once cool.