1/2 Photos of Fudgy Brownies
1 hr 54 mins
1 hr 9 mins
These are a great way to use up different types of chocolate and are delish and very chocolaty! I used the three different types of chocolate listed but in varying amounts - as a way of cleaning out the cupboard. They really need the hour refrigeration though (listed at the end of the recipe). Recipe source: Bon Appetit (December 2006)
My Private Note
dozen b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate (I used semisweet) or 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I used semisweet)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- 2Spray a 9 x9-inch pan with Pam (cooking spray or grease pan).
- 3In a saucepan over low heat, combine 5 ounces semisweet semisweet chocolate, 3/4 cup butter and unsweetened chocolate, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- 4In a large bowl whisk sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt together.
- 5Stir in chocolate mixture.
- 6Stir in flour, nuts (if using) and chocolate chips.
- 7Pour mixture in prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- 8Bake for 30-40 minutes or until brownies test done when toothpick is inserted in center (the toothpick will be moist with crumbs attached).
- 9While brownies are cooking bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and whisk in the remaining 3 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate.
- 10Pour glaze over brownies and chill uncovered for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudgy Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1598 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3088.7
- Calories from Fat 1808
- Total Fat 200.9 g
- Saturated Fat 121.3 g
- Cholesterol 687.5 mg
- Sodium 988.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 345.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.1 g
- Sugars 248.4 g
- Protein 42.8 g