Recipe by ellie_
These are a great way to use up different types of chocolate and are delish and very chocolaty! I used the three different types of chocolate listed but in varying amounts - as a way of cleaning out the cupboard. They really need the hour refrigeration though (listed at the end of the recipe). Recipe source: Bon Appetit (December 2006)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate (I used semisweet) or 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I used semisweet)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x9-inch pan with Pam (cooking spray or grease pan).
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine 5 ounces semisweet semisweet chocolate, 3/4 cup butter and unsweetened chocolate, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl whisk sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt together.
- Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour, nuts (if using) and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture in prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until brownies test done when toothpick is inserted in center (the toothpick will be moist with crumbs attached).
- While brownies are cooking bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and whisk in the remaining 3 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate.
- Pour glaze over brownies and chill uncovered for 1 hour.