Recipe by mandabears
Rich, gooey chocolate tartlets with lots and lots and lots of nuts. Great for holiday cookie trays. Do not use an electric mixer or bake for more than 25 minutes per batch.
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 cup butter, do not use margarine
- 3 cups chopped pecans, i have used walnuts but pecans are better
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, unbeaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease mini muffin tins.
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- Cool slightly.
- Add pecan pieces and stir until well coated with chocolate mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, salt, flour and unbeaten eggs.
- Mix with a spoon until blended.
- Stir in nut/chocolate mixture until well mixed.
- Spoon into mini muffin tins using a teaspoon.
- Fill 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes only!