Recipe by mandabears
This is an antique recipe from Pillsbury from the Peter Pan administration. My son's and youngest daughter's third grade teacher loved this recipe. In my family the chopped nuts are optional.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package Pillsbury yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease 13x9 pan.
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, butter, nuts and egg until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups for topping.
- Press remaining mixture evenly into pan.
- In a small saucepan mix condensed milk and semi sweet morsels.
- Cook on low heat untl morsels are melted.
- Stir well. Pour over base.
- Sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes until filling is set and crumbs are golden brown.