Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the ultimate fudgy brownie; great for chocolate lovers. There is just enough flour to hold the butter, chocolate, and eggs together. They are so dense, these treats need 2 hours to cool. The recipe comes from the Ultimate Brownie Book.
- 118.32 ml unsalted butter, room temperature,plus additional for pan
- 255.14 g bittersweet chocolate or 255.14 g semisweet chocolate, chopped or 255.14 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 56.69 g unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 158.51 ml flour, plus aditional for pan
- 2.46 ml salt
- Position the rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour an 8 inch square baking pan;set it aside.
- Place the butter and BOTH kinds of chocolate in the top of double boiler set over simmering water.
- Stir constantly until half the butter and chocolate are melted.
- Remove the top part of the double boiler from the pot.
- Continue stirring away from the heat until the butter and chocolate are completely melted.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- In large bowl beat the eggs, egg yolk, and sugar with whisk or electric mixer at medium speed.
- Continue beating until the mixture is thick and pale yellow, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and chocolate mixture until smooth.
- With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the flour and salt, just until incorporated, DO NOT BEAT.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- spreading gently to all corners.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- The middle of the brownies will be soft; they will set up as they cool.
- Set the pan on wire rack to cool, at least 2 hours.
- Cut into 16 squares,they will stay fresh for 5 days.
- They can also be sealed in a freezer-safe bag and frozen for up to 3 months.
I made theses yesterday and everyone loves them. They say its the best thing that I have ever made and they are amazing! the brownies came out gooey on the inside. Only thing i did diffrent was not using unsweetened chocolate because i had none so i just used 12 ounces of the semi-sweet chips instead. They still came out fantastic
Extremely good! Very fudgey and rich. I think the key to to make sure you don't burn the chocolate and make sure you beat the eggs and sugar for the full 5 minutes. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
The brownies were ok. Im sorry but nobody really liked them. Mine had a strange flavor to them. My 3 yr old son was about the only one who like them. Maybe I will try making them again someday, incase I did do something wrong.