This is a little piece of chocolate brownie HEAVEN! This is a pie, pudding and cake combined. Serve warm and top with whipped cream or ice cream. Yes, it sounds strange, pouring a cup of boiling water over the pie as you put it in the oven, but it works in the most delightful way. If you don't serve immediately make sure you warm this up before serving or you'll miss the experience.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked flaky pastry shells (store bought or home made)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped into coarse pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, grated
- 1 cup boiling water
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- 1Prepare the unbaked pastry shell. Preheat oven to 375°F, setting a rack in the middle.
- 2Melt the chopped chocolate with the butter in a small saucepan set over very low heat; set aside to cool.
- 3Sift the flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder and salt together into mixing bowl. Add the pecans, milk and vanilla; mix just until blended. Blend in the melted chocolate and butter mixture. Turn into the unbaked pastry shell, spreading it as evenly as possible with a wet spatula.
- 4Combine the grated chocolate with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and sprinkle evenly over the filling. Pour the boiling water over the top; do not stir.
- 5Bake the pie for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the filling is set except for the center; it will firm up on cooling. Cool on rack to nearly room temperature; then cut into wedges for serving. Serve warm with whipped cream or a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudge Brownie Pie
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.7
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 217.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g