1/1 Photo of Fruity-Veggie Cake
1 hr 45 mins
This hearty quick bread is easy to make and keeps well. Recipe found at inmamaskitchen.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup plain flour (can be whole-meal)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg or 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 3 cups dried fruit (diced apricots, sultanas or mixed fruit, cranberries, currants, dates, etc)
- 1 large beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 lemon, Zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon marmalade or 1 tablespoon fig jam
- 4 eggs
- 7 1/2 ounces oil (Sunflower or canola)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1In a large bowl, mix together the first nine ingredients (flours through jam).
- 2In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, oil and sugar.
- 3Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing well.
- 4Line 2 loaf pans with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. Fill with cake batter.
- 5Bake in a preheated moderate oven 165° C (350° F) for 1 hr 45 minutes or until cooked right through - test with skewer.
- 6If the top begins to brown too quickly place a sheet of foil over the cake and remove 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- 7Remove from the oven and place on a rack for 5 minutes then turn out and leave until cold before storing in an air-tight container.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity-Veggie Cake
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.4
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 206.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g