This nice fruit Tostada makes a good breakfast. Can change the fruit to fit what is currently in season.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 (7 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh mint or 1 -2 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 banana, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1⁄2 pint fresh strawberries, small quartered
- 4 mint sprigs or 4 basil sprigs, garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine water and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Lightly coat both sides of tortillas with spray. Brush each side with water mixture.
- Place on wire rack on baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Combine ricotta, yogurt, 1tablespoon lemon juice, sugar, lemon peel and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a small bowl.
- Spread equal amounts on all 4 tortillas leaving about 1/4 inch edge.
- Place 1 tablespoon lemon juice, orange, mint or basil, banana, and strawberries in a bowl and gently toss to combine. Spoon equal amounts on top of each tostada.
- Garnish with mint or basil sprigs.