1/2 Photos of Fruity Tostada
This nice fruit Tostada makes a good breakfast. Can change the fruit to fit what is currently in season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 (7 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh mint or 1 -2 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 banana, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, small quartered
- 4 mint sprigs or 4 basil sprigs, garnish
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Combine water and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 3Lightly coat both sides of tortillas with spray. Brush each side with water mixture.
- 4Place on wire rack on baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or till lightly browned.
- 5Combine ricotta, yogurt, 1tablespoon lemon juice, sugar, lemon peel and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a small bowl.
- 6Spread equal amounts on all 4 tortillas leaving about 1/4 inch edge.
- 7Place 1 tablespoon lemon juice, orange, mint or basil, banana, and strawberries in a bowl and gently toss to combine. Spoon equal amounts on top of each tostada.
- 8Garnish with mint or basil sprigs.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity Tostada
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.9
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 78.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas
nonfat vanilla yogurt