Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
One of the easiest and most delicious recipes I have ever found.
Make and share this Fruity Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Lightly oil a covered casserole (if you forget, you will hate this recipe).
- Put ingredients into dish in order listed.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours or longer.
- There are a lot of options to this dish: It can easily be doubled.
- Add a diced onion after the pineapple and change the seasoning to curry and garam masala, for Indian flavor.
- If you don't have pineapple, fruit cocktail will do, as will peaches, or any other canned fruit.
- Yams can easily become winter squash.
- Prunes work well, as do dried apricots.
- Feel free to experiment.
- This recipe is a starting point for your imagination.
This was really good, different, but good. I liked it even better cold the next day. I decreased the water to 1 1/2 cups. I cooked it for 1 1/2 hours at 350, then 1/2 more at 400, and the rice was just about right.
I made this recipe twice and both times it came out lovely! I baked it the first time and cooked it on the stove the second time, both times were a success. I ommited the yam, the tofu for guests who would not touch it, and the apple. I substituted prunes for raisins, grated the carrot, added onions. Even my husband, who detests cinnamon, is a fan. I liked the fact that there is no oil or marg. in it and that it is so easy to make! Definitely a winner.