Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Start the day in a delicious way with this fruity and fabulous peachy porridge.
- 2 ounces porridge oats
- 7⁄8 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 8 dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 1 tablespoon light muscovado sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large peach, halved and stoned
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- Place the oats, water, milk, apricots, sultanas, sugar and salt in a small pan and gently heat together.
- Chop the peach and stir half into the porridge. Simmer for a further 3-4 minutes, until the oats are tender and the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Spoon into 2 small bowls and top with a spoonful of cream.
- Scatter over the remaining chopped peach, drizzle over the honey and serve immediately.