- 5 cups quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 11 ounces low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricot
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rolled oats and coconut in medium bowl. Spread on ungreased baking sheet. Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until fragrant and coconut is golden.
- Mix next 5 ingredients in large bowl until well combined. Add rolled oats mixture. Stir until moistened.
- Add cranberries and apricots. Stir until well distributed.
- Line 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 cm) pan with foil, leaving 1 inch (2.5 cm) overhang on long sides. Spray well with cooking spray. Transfer oat mixture to pan. Pack down firmly.
- Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven for about 45 minutes until set and golden. Cool completely.
- Using foil overhang, lift mixture from pan. Carefully peel off and discard foil. Cut mixture lengthwise into thirds. Cut each third into ten 1 1/4 inch (3 cm) wide bars. Wipe blade of sharp knife or run under hot water between each cut.
- Wrap bars individually in plastic wrap. Store at room temperature or place bars in resealable freezer bag to freeze for longer storage. Makes 30 bars.