Recipe by Sherrie-pie
Every year I make my own Christmas mincemeat. After I've given away jars of the stuff, I find I'm too busy or the kids are tired of mince pies. This is a recipe I use as I eye last year's mincemeat.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Whatever one calls these, with the mincemeat they tickled my buds! I had a difficult time finding the sugar I needed for this, but finally did! And the 'syrup' I wasn't sure so just used light corn syrup! Still, when it all came together I enjoyed this concoction ~ It was probably the mincemeat & the orange flavor combo that dit it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Bargain Basement cooking game]
- 200 g margarine, plus extra for greasing
- 50 g syrup
- 125 g demerara sugar
- 225 g mincemeat
- 1 grated orange, rind of (optional)
- 450 g porridge oats
- 50 g whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the margarine with the syrup and sugar.
- Add the mincemeat and orange.
- Mix together the oats and flour and stir into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased baking tin and flatten with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Mark into squares with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes at 180c/350Fgas4 until golden.
- Leave to cool a few minutes and cut into squares while still warm.