Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
While these would never be mistaken for gourmet, they are also surprisingly good considering they started out as a cake mix and some extremely sweet neon-colored cereal. I bet kids would love these, and given their unique and colorful appearance, I also think they would do well at a bake sale. From the Kraft & Post cereal websites.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Yellow)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg (I used 2 egg yolks that were in the fridge instead)
- 3 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat cake mix, oil, water and egg in large bowl until well blended.
- Add cereal; mix well.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 11 minutes or JUST until cookies begin to brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
Soft, yet crunchy and VERY easy & yummy. my BF's 5yr old daughter was soooo excited to help make these. used strawberry cake mix cause its all we had (she also LOVE's pink) so they were extra fruity. can't wait to try coco pebbles!!
Very yummy. I too baked them longer than 11 minutes...about 14 minutes. I'm sure kids will love these with the fruity sweetness and the neon colors. Thanks for the recipe!
OMG... I made these for my nephew's third birthday party. They were soooo very easy to make and tasted so YUMMY. I used Fruity Pebbles with yellow cake mix, baked a bit more than 11 minutes so they browned. The outcome was a colorful sweet fruity kid-friendly cookie. Thanks for posting! I will be making this more often for our kiddie functions..LOL !!!