Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this recipe at the supermarket, off one of the recipe-cards there. It's a beautifully spicy (not hot) dish, perfect as a main course.
- 1 celery
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 500 g shrimp (seafood or fruits de mer) or 500 g scallops (seafood or fruits de mer) or 500 g fish (seafood or fruits de mer)
- 500 g sieved tomatoes or 500 g tomato paste
- 1 fish bouillon cube
- 1 French bread
- Wash the celery. Strip off the leaves and coarsely chop them up. Cut the stalks into thin pieces.
- Pour some oil from the tomatoes into a deep pan. Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into thin strips. Cut the garlic into fine slivers.
- Heat the oil and fry the celery for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and tomato strips and fry for another 1 minute.
- Add the sieved tomatoes and crush the stock tablet and stir for 1 minute till the mixture begins to simmer.
- Add the fruits-de-mer and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Cut the French-bread in coarse diagonal slices.
- Serve the fruits-de-mer in deep bowls and garnish with the chopped up celery leaves.