Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This is from Better Homes and Garden, Holiday Baking. Garnish with snipped apricots.
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml apricot nectar
- 44.37 ml cooking oil
- 396.89 g package pumpkin quick bread mix
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped and toasted
- 118.29 ml snipped dried apricot
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 177.44 ml powdered sugar
- 14.78-19.71 ml apricot nectar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk.
- Whisk in nectar, oil, and 2/3 cup water; using a wooden spoon, stir in pumpkin quick bread mix into egg mixture until combined. Stir in pecans, the 1/2 cup apricots, and the cranberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan(s); spread evenly.
- Bake 55-65 minutes: 8X4X2-inch pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes: 5 3/4X3X2-inch pan.
- Done when inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan(s) on wire rack(s) for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan(s) and cool completely on wire rack(s).
- If desired, pour Apricot Icing over bread and sprinkle with additional snipped apricots.
- Apricot Icing: In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, and enough apricot nectar (3-4 tsp.) to reach drizzling consistency.
- Makes 1 large loaf or 3 small loaves.