- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped unpeeled tart apples
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cranberries or 3⁄4 cup frozen cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds.
- Place squash cut side down in an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Add 1 inch of hot water to the dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 30 minutes. Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon into squash. Bake 40-50 minutes longer or until squash is tender.