Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chili powder surprises the palate when blended with honey and lime juice, and intensifies the already fabulous taste of the fresh fruit.
- 1 medium ripe papaya
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups spinach, stems removed & torn
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup pineapple or 1 cup banana, chunks
- 1 cup sliced peach (and or or nectarines)
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved (green and or or red)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted (or walnuts)
- Peel papaya; cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds; coarsely chop papaya. Measure 1 1/4 cups. In a food processor or blender combine the chopped papaya, honey, lime peel, lime juice, canola oil, chili powder, and salt. Cover; process or blend until smooth. Transfer to a covered container; chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
- To serve, in a very large bowl place spinach, strawberries, pineapple, peaches, grapes, blueberries, and pecans. Toss to combine. Drizzle with some of the dressing (about 1/2 cup). Toss to coat evenly. Pass remaining dressing.
- Store any remaining dressing, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.