Recipe by Manami
Originally found on foodnetwork.com with Giada De Laurentis but have made a few slight changes. This is easy to prepare and looks beautiful!
Top Review by Denise Garcia
wonderful recipe. I made it for pokeno night with the girls and it was great! only problem is that it doesn't keep, so leftovers were wasted. good for small group, intimate, not so much for a party.
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 kiwi, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons toasted pistachio nuts, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the ricotta and 2 tablespoons of cream in medium bowl to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1/3 cup of cream, powdered sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl until semi-peaks form.
- Fold the ricotta cream into whipped cream.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to stiffen and yield a creamier filling.(Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- Toss the strawberries, raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in a medium bowl to combine. Let stand until juices form, tossing occasionally, about 15 minutes. Add the kiwi.
- Spoon the fruit mixture into 4 dessert bowls. Dollop the ricotta cream atop the fruit.
- Sprinkle with the pistachios &/or chocolate chips, if using.