Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from Love Of Cooking: Salads. I haven't tried this, posting for safe keeping.
- 8 1⁄4 ounces canned pineapple chunks in heavy syrup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 11 ounces canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced banana
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, drained and halved
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Line a loaf pan with waxed paper. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Put lemon juice in a 1 cup glass measuring cup, add enough pineapple juice to make 1/2 cup.
- Put juice into a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over the juice. Let sit 5 minutes to soften. Put on medium heat and stir constantly until gelatin is dissolved.
- In a medium bowl, place mayonnaise and cream cheese. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add pineapple, oranges, bananas, marshmallows, cherries, pecans and gelatin mixture. Mix well. Put in frig. until it is partially gelled about 1 hour. Stir frequently.
- Put heavy cream in a small chilled bowl. Beat until it peaks. Gently fold whipped cream into thickened fruit mixture.
- Spoon mixture into loaf pan. Pack well making sure there are no air holes. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until firm about 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, turn out onto a cutting board. Slice and plate. Let stand about 10 minutes before. You can substitute any fruit you wish.