This came from Love Of Cooking: Salads. I haven't tried this, posting for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 1/4 ounces canned pineapple chunks in heavy syrup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 11 ounces canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced banana
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1Line a loaf pan with waxed paper. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Put lemon juice in a 1 cup glass measuring cup, add enough pineapple juice to make 1/2 cup.
- 2Put juice into a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over the juice. Let sit 5 minutes to soften. Put on medium heat and stir constantly until gelatin is dissolved.
- 3In a medium bowl, place mayonnaise and cream cheese. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add pineapple, oranges, bananas, marshmallows, cherries, pecans and gelatin mixture. Mix well. Put in frig. until it is partially gelled about 1 hour. Stir frequently.
- 4Put heavy cream in a small chilled bowl. Beat until it peaks. Gently fold whipped cream into thickened fruit mixture.
- 5Spoon mixture into loaf pan. Pack well making sure there are no air holes. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until firm about 4 hours.
- 6When ready to serve, turn out onto a cutting board. Slice and plate. Let stand about 10 minutes before. You can substitute any fruit you wish.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Salad Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.3
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 86.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: