Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from my High School days in Home Ec (cooking class). This was the only recipe that ever turned out for me. I was never a cook, at least back then.
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium saucepan, heat pineapple and juice over medium heat until boiling.
- Add gelatin and stir to dissolve.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate until partially set.
- Mix the gelatin mixture and cream cheese together, and then fold in the whipped cream, nuts and celery.
- Pour into a 1½ quart mold & chill until firm.
- Then serve.