Recipe by Nic
These pancakes can be served for breakfast or as a dessert, with a big dollop of caramel or vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by Merlot
Wonderful pancakes! I added the extra water which produced a light pancake but still with enough substance that we like so well. Topped with a light whipping cream and you have a wonderful treat. A real winner, Nic.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, chopped (can be roasted or salted)
- lemon wedge, to serve
- maple syrup, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and milk powder.
- Make a well in the middle and whisk in the egg and water (add a little more than 1/2 cup of water if you want a thinner mixture).
- Stir in the melted butter, grated lemon rind, raisins and the chopped cashew nuts.
- Lightly grease a non-stick pan and heat to a medium temperature.
- Spoon several tablespoons of the batter into the pan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface and pancake is brown underneath.
- Turn over and cook for about a minute on the other side; Repeat with rest of mixture.
- Serve with maple syrup and lemon wedges, and/or a scoop of ice cream or cream if serving as a dessert.
- Makes 4-6 pancakes.