Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is so easy to make and so good. The recipe comes from the Kentucky Cousins web site. A geneology web site for those living in or having links to Eastern Kentucky Good with just about any purchased or homemade fruit pie filling. I have even made them with mincemeat durring the holidays. Sometimes I top with icecream, sometimes I don't. The only drawback is you can't make these on the spur of the moment since the soak time is essential. I have been known to replace part of the water with a couple of shots or either brandy, bourbon, or rum with good results The actual cook time is 45 minutes but there is a 4 hour rest time.
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling, any fruit
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Roll pie filling in tortillas (1-2 tbsp.) Place in 9x13 glass pan.
- Melt butter with 1 cup sugar& 1/2 cup water.
- Pour over tortillas---let stand at least 4 hours, perferbly overnight.
- DO NOT REFRIGERATE.
- Bake@ 350 degrees for 30 minute.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar, nuts& cinnamon, sprinkle over top& bake aditional 15 minute.