Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
this makes a lovely gift. it's delicious served with poultry, roasts and latkes, recipe from jacques pepin
- 3⁄4 lb pear, quartered,cored,cubed
- 2 large bananas, peeled,sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, aapple quartered,cored,cubed
- 1 quinces, quartered,seeded,cubed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 large grapefruit
- using a vegetable peeler peel off grapefruit rind in strips.
- using a sharp knife cut grapefruit into sections over a bowl to catch the juice.
- add grapefruit sections, rind, juice, and all ingredients to a saucepan.
- bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, partially cover and cook 30-40 minutes.
- spoon into small jars, cover tightly and refrigerate.
- this keeps for a month or more.
You seem to have two different recipes here: the instructions do not match the ingredient list, which does not contain grapefruit. Try again!