Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe I did a few years ago and that was very good. When I made it I used raisins instead of walnuts.
- 3 cups cabbage, grated, packed
- 2 red apples, unpeeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, put cabbage, apples and walnuts.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Add this dressing to the cabbage mix. Stir to coat well.
A nice salad. Used pre-packaged slaw mix that had a little carrot and red cabbage in it. Enjoyed the addition of the apple and the walnuts. Made for Went to Market Tag.
I used a pre-packaged slaw mix that I had and the slight addition of carrot and red cabbage didn't hurt a thing. This is really delicious. Splenda was used for the sugar and is half the ask for amount. This will show up on my table again.
This is a very nice and different coleslaw. It reminded me of a waldorf salad. I think I used a bit more apples than the recipe calls for. It turned out great. Another easy, refreshing side dish for Summer. Thanks :)