Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got these from a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, and they look fantastic! I can hardly wait to make them.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granola cereal
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried fruit (assorted fruits)
- 1 cup hazelnuts or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, and baking soda; beat until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. On low speed beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- By hand, stir in remaining flour and granola. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Cool on baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks. Cool.
Fantastic. I used 2 c chocolate chips instead of white chips and nuts. I used approx 1 c raisins instead of the dried fruit. The family loves them!
I left out the chocolate chips and nuts and just threw in various pieces of bags of dried fruit I had in my pantry, including two toddler bites bags of dried bananas and apples. These cookies were incredible. I even used two different kinds of granola. Most definitely a keeper. Do let them cool a full 10 mins on your cookie sheet before removing them or they tear very easily.