Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple enough for children to make, this quick smooth creamy fudge makes a very acceptable gift. Vary the flavour using other dried fruits or nuts, glace cherries or chopped preserved ginger.
- 100 g plain chocolate chips (for cooking)
- 100 g diced butter
- 75 ml single cream
- 450 g sifted icing sugar
- 50 g seedless raisins
- 50 g coarsely chopped walnuts
- walnuts, halves (optional)
- Place the chocolate chips, butter and cream in a 2litre jug.
- Cook for 1-3 mins, stir well and cook a few seconds longer if not quite melted.
- Beat to blend. Gradually beat in the icing sugar with a wooden spoon until the fudge is smooth and glossy. Beat in the fruits and nuts.
- Base line a rectangular dish approximately 23 by 18cm(9 by 7inches).
- Spread the fudge evenly in the dish and smooth the top with the back of a spoon dipped in very hot water. Decorate with walnuts halves if wished.
- Chill for several hours until very firm. Remove from dish and cut into squares.
- Store in refridgerator to save for later; if wanted.