Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I love this recipe and it is a great way to get the fiber you need into your diet. Not to mention it is a wonderful tasting hot breakfast to get you going in the morning.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (not quick or instant)
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 3⁄4 cup barley nugget cereal
- 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup dried peach
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, , if desired
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container up to one month.
- To serve, place 1/3 cup cereal in a serving bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup skim milk, non-fat yogurt, or unsweetened applesauce; stir and let sit five minutes before serving.
- This is also great heated in the microwave for about 1 minute.
I made this for my dad this morning. he's always had bowl problems and is really getting tired of bran cereal. He likes the refreshing taste of this simple cereal. I am gonna make a big jar for him. Thank you for the recipe.