Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Instructions given below to complete the recipe for either an alcohol or non-alcohol version. The recipe may, also, be blended with a banana or yogurt or vanilla ice cream for a smoothie-type beverage. Adapted from Oregon food writer and artist: Jan Roberts-Dominguez.
- Combine sugar, lime juice and water in a bowl. Stir to mix and then let stand until sugar is almost completely dissolved, about 15 minutes (mixture will be thick).
- In a blender or food processor, combine the sugar and lime juice with the berries (stems removed). Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze until firm, then unmold and pack into resealable freezer bags. Alternately, pack into freezer containers and freeze. Mixture will become solid, but will have consistency of a very firm sherbet, so you'll be able to scoop portions from main batch, then reseal mixture and store again in freezer.
- For each strawberry daiquiri: In blender jar, combine 3 tablespoons rum (light or dark), 1/4 cup Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Mix (2 average-sized cubes that have been frozen in ice cube trays) and about 3/4 cup of ice cubes (7 or 8 average sized cubes). Blend until smooth. For a non-alcoholic frozen drink, replace the rum with unsweetened pineapple juice.
- For a Strawberry Pina Colada: In blender jar, combine 3 tablespoons rum (light or dark), 1/4 cup Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Mix, 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice, 1 tablespoon coconut cream and about 3/4 cup of ice cubes. For a non-alcoholic version, omit the rum.