9 hrs 20 mins
A different take on favorite Thanksgiving flavors, this beautiful do-ahead pumpkin dessert is made even easier by the use of purchased sauce. Prep time includes 8 hours chill time. From Bon Apetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups pecans, toasted (about 11 ounces)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, toasted (about 5 1/2 ounces)
- 1 (17 ounce) jar butterscotch caramel fudge sauce
- 1For Crust: Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Finely chop nuts and sugar in food processor.
- 3Add butter and blend, using on/off turns, until moist crumbs form.
- 4Using plastic wrap as aid, press mixture onto bottom and all the way up sides of a 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides, covering completely.
- 5Freeze 10 minutes.
- 6Bake crust until golden, about 10 minutes.
- 8For Filling: Whisk 1 cup cream, sugar and yolks in heavy medium saucepan.
- 9Stir constantly over medium heat until candy thermometer registers 160, about 6 minutes.
- 10Strain into large bowl.
- 11Using electric mixer, beat mixture until cool and slightly thickened, about 8 minutes.
- 12Beat in pumpkin, corn syrup, rum and spices.
- 13Using electric mixer, beat remaining 1 1/2 cups cream in large bowl to medium-stiff peaks.
- 14Fold cream into pumpkin mixture.
- 15Transfer filling to crust.
- 16Cover and freeze overnight.
- 17For topping: Arrange pecans side by side atop torte, covering completely.
- 18Drizzle 1/2 cup caramel sauce over, covering nuts completely (pan will be filled to top).
- 19Freeze until caramel sets, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 20To Serve: Run sharp knife around pan sides to loosen torte.
- 21Release pan sides.
- 22Stir remaining caramel sauce in heavy small saucepan over medium heat until warm.
- 23Slice torte and serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Torte With Caramel-Pecan Topping
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 775.7
- Calories from Fat 508
- Total Fat 56.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 216.2 mg
- Sodium 273.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 8.6 g