Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A tropical drink that remind me of the islands and summer. You can make this non-alcoholic for the kids and non-drinkers by substituting 2 cups of orange, peach or mango juice for the white rum and 1/2 cup of coconut milk for the coconut rum.
- 2 cups white rum
- 1⁄2 cup coconut rum
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 cups fresh mango (this also works well with papaya or peaches)
- 1 tablespoon sugar, depending on sweetness of the mango
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Blend all of the ingredients except the ice in a blender until the mango is pureed.
- Gradually add the ice and continue to blend the drink until the ice is crushed and all of the ingredients are throughly mixed.
- Transfer the blended drink to a jug, bowl, or other container and freeze for one hour.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
- Cooing time is the length of time that the mixture has to be in the freezer before sering.
Made for PAC 2010. Had one mango begging to be used, so chose this recipe to try. The only substitution I made was to use lite coconut milk instead of the coconut rum. Very tasty and refreshing - lovely way to start the afternoon of our first real day of spring like weather!