Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from the nice mother of a guy I dated while living in Mexico. Very easy and flexible, can be adjusted with low-fat ingredients or lemons or oranges can be substituted for a different taste. I prefer mine frozen, though it is not originally intended to be. The Galletas Marias cookies can be found in the Hispanic section of my local supermarket. If you can't find them, a graham or other light cookie crust will work fine. Prep time includes freezing.
- 1 package galletas marias cookie
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 200 g cream cheese
- 5 limes
- Crush cookies in food processor (or by hand) and mix in medium bowl with butter.
- Form an even crust with butter/cookie mixture on bottom and sides of 8" glass pan.
- In blender, mix condensed milk, cream cheese and the juice of five limes until creamy and well blended.
- Empty mixture into cookie crust.
- Place in fridge for at least 5 hours.
- If freezing, 3-4 hours is sufficient.