Recipe by LAURIE
Homemade french toast for a quick kid breakfast!
Top Review by Connie Lea
This was super - pretty much how I make French toast, except for the addition of nutmeg. I really liked the extra flavor this gave it. I love French Toast but seldom made it because my DH doesn't like it. I never thought of freezing and reheating for a quick breakfast. Thanks so much Laurie for bringing French Toast back in my life.
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 slices very dry bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat all but the bread in a large bowl.
- Dip each slice of bread in mixture so it absorbs as much as possible.
- Brown on both sides in margarine over moderate heat.
- Freeze in single layer on greased cookie sheet overnite.
- Stack and wrap in foil and return to freezer until ready to use.
- To heat place slice in toaster until hot.