Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Homemade french toast for a quick kid breakfast!
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 slices very dry bread
- Beat all but the bread in a large bowl.
- Dip each slice of bread in mixture so it absorbs as much as possible.
- Brown on both sides in margarine over moderate heat.
- Freeze in single layer on greased cookie sheet overnite.
- Stack and wrap in foil and return to freezer until ready to use.
- To heat place slice in toaster until hot.
This was super - pretty much how I make French toast, except for the addition of nutmeg. I really liked the extra flavor this gave it. I love French Toast but seldom made it because my DH doesn't like it. I never thought of freezing and reheating for a quick breakfast. Thanks so much Laurie for bringing French Toast back in my life.
Made this today as part of my "OAMC for Breakfast" cooking day. I tripled the recipe and found I had way more egg than bread! I ended up using 36 slices of bread, but could have done a few more. I let the French Toast cool and then placed it back in the bread bag alternating wax paper in between each slice. Thanks for the recipe!
really good stuff easy too .dee