Prep 1 min
Cook 2 hrs
Perfect summer snack, or even a creative breakfast treat. Kids will love these!!! For RSC.
Make and share this Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free chocolate syrup
- 1 -2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup graham cracker, crushed (or more if needed)
- 4 -8 bananas, depending on size
- 4 -8 wooden popsicle sticks
- Over low heat melt peanut butter. Add chocolate syrup and splenda. Combine well.
- Peel bananas. Insert sticks into ends of bananas.
- Dip in peanut mixture or spread on.
- Cover with graham cracker crumbs.
- Place on wax paper and freeze several hours or overnight.
Well, ater reading the first two reviews, I did things differently than the first two. First of all I bought 6 firm bananas that were fairly large. Second of all I spooned the mixture on the bananas covering the bananas, and I did the same with the graham crackers. The results were great, and the kids really enjoyed them. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
Pretty good and would be fun for kids to make. I could imagine children dipping the coated bananas into chopped peanuts or colorful sprinkles along with the graham crumbs. Spreading the coating on was somewhat difficult for me though; maybe I should have used extra firm bananas. Made for RSC#12.
These were good, nice flavors. I used the higher number of bananas, but wished I had done the lower, so I would have more of the coating. Note: Prep time is missing, and 5 sheets of graham crackers made up one cup of crushed.