Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A nice treat for the kids. Okay I fess up - I'm a big kid:-)Use your favourite brand of commercial hard chocolate sauce or Hard Chocolate Sauce - Dairy Queen Style.
- 5 bananas, just ripe
- 10 wooden popsicle sticks
- 1 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- 3 cups chocolate syrup, dark hard shell
- Peel bananas, cut in half and insert popsicle sticks into each half.
- Cover each banana in hard chocolate sauce.
- Roll each banana in chopped peanuts and freeze for 3 hours.
This is a very yummy recipie! I was looking for different (healthy) ways of eating fruit as a dessert and this tastes just like banana ice-cream! I changed the recipie a bit; i just melted a few chocolate chips and some peanut butter together in the mircowave and poured that over the banana before freezing. I didnt bother with the popsicle stick. A few hours later i had a nicely refreshing dessert!
I have yet to try these either, but wanted to mention that as I was watching a foodnetwork program the other day on this subject, it was mentioned to skewer the banana before peeling it. Once it is securely on the stick, then you can take the peel off around it. Might help, looking forward to trying these out!
When I was a kid we ate these all summer long, only we got them from the corner store. These are even better because you make them yourself! Good job!!!