Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A nice treat for the kids. Okay I fess up - I'm a big kid:-)Use your favourite brand of commercial hard chocolate sauce or Hard Chocolate Sauce - Dairy Queen Style.
- 5 bananas, just ripe
- 10 wooden popsicle sticks
- 1 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- 3 cups chocolate syrup, dark hard shell
- Peel bananas, cut in half and insert popsicle sticks into each half.
- Cover each banana in hard chocolate sauce.
- Roll each banana in chopped peanuts and freeze for 3 hours.
When I was a kid we ate these all summer long, only we got them from the corner store. These are even better because you make them yourself! Good job!!!
Wow! These are a great frozen treat. Thank you!
This is a very yummy recipie! I was looking for different (healthy) ways of eating fruit as a dessert and this tastes just like banana ice-cream! I changed the recipie a bit; i just melted a few chocolate chips and some peanut butter together in the mircowave and poured that over the banana before freezing. I didnt bother with the popsicle stick. A few hours later i had a nicely refreshing dessert!