Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Can be made ahead
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 1⁄3 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- Combine first 4 ingredients; stir well, and set aside 1/2 cup crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle half of remaining crumb mixture into a 9-inch square pan.
- Top with half of ice cream and of preserves.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.
- Cover and freeze at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.