Apricot Almond Cream Cheese Squares
- Ready In:
- 1 package yellow cake mix or 1 package white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (no substitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, finely chopped or ground
- 1 1⁄2 cups apricot preserves
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- Set oven 350 degrees.
- Set rack to second lowest position.
- Butter a 13x9 baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix and melted butter; mix at low speed until crumbly.
- Stir in almonds.
- Reserve 1 cup base mixture.
- Press remaining mixture in bottom of greased pan.
- Carefully spread 1-1/2 cup preserves over base.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and egg until well blended.
- At low speed, mix in 1/3 cup preserves.
- Carefully spread mixture over base.
- Combine reserved 1 cup base mixture and coconut; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake for 30-40 mins, or until very lightly golden brown, and center is set.
- cool, and then refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into small squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!