Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Snowmen will melt your heart, and may melt in your cocoa too, but this warm mug of minty delicious chocolate will warm you right up.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 8 miniature peppermint patties
- 4 cups milk
- 4 peeps snowmen marshmallows (or 8 regular marshmallows)
- Stir together sugar, cocoa, vanilla, salt and hot water in a large saucepan until blended.
- Break peppermint patties into smaller pieces and drop into liquid.
- Bring liquid to a boil over low heat, whisking constantly; until mixture is dissolved and mixted together smoothly.
- Stir in milk and heat through until chocolate reaches desired drinking temp; pour into mugs and top with a snowman marshmallow in each mug (or 2 reg marshmallows if using those); serve.
Yum! I scaled this down for one, used Andes mints, and loved it! I used miniature marshmallows. Thank you for a real treat this morning!