Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A holiday FAVORITE with our friends and family. Thanks Jesse and Pat for sharing this with us!!
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 lb pecans, halved (this is equivalent to 4-5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Liberally spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, such as Pam.
- Beat egg white and water until foamy, not stiff.
- Stir in pecans to coat.
- Mix salt, sugar and cinnamon together and add to coated pecans.
- Toss pecans until thoroughly coated.
- Place coated pecans on cookie sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, TURNING EVERY 5-6 MINUTES (this is VERY important to the success of the recipe) Remove from oven and stir again before cooling.
I made this recipe and sent to some of our soldiers in Iraq. They were a big hit.
I made these for Christmas baskets and everyone loved them!
I made these at Christmas and they were great! But then I also made these with a couple of changes and they were even more loved by everone! I added 2 tsp. cinnamon instead of just one and then also added 1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper ... yummy!