Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A little bit fussy but great fun to make. From the Wisconsin Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
- Peel whole melon; cut a slice from one end and scoop out seeds and membranes.
- Turn upside down and drain.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water and cool; pour into melon and refrigerate until gelatin is firm.
- Mix softened cream cheese with just sufficient milk to make spreading consistency; frost the entire outside of melon.
- Serve in slices on salad greens dressed with Recipe #314755 or the dressing of your choice.