Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
i bought myself vegan cupcakes take over the world by Isa chandra moskowitz and terry hope romero an xmas present and made two types of cupcakes from this book for my daddy in laws birthday they were a great hit. i also made the frosting from this book which was also exceellent no one reaslised that they were vegan they were most good, i love this cook book now and even though im on a deit again ill be making some treaty cupcakes. i love the fact they dont ask for any crazy ingredients in these
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup non-hydrogenated margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon lemon essence
- preheat oven to 350degrees gas mark 4, line your cupcake tins with cupcake papers, this recipe states it makes 12 american cupcakes, it made me about 18 english size cupcakes, so USA ones must be a little bit bigger.
- whish soy milk and vinegar togther and set asiude for a couple of minutes to curdle.
- sift flour, cornstarch, baking poweder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and mix.
- in seperate bowl cream the butter ans usgar togther for 2 minutes unitl light and fluffy bet in vanill and lemon extract.
- alternate beating in the soy milk mix with the flour into the creamed butter and sugar until there are no large lumps.
- fill cupcake liners two thirds with the mix and bake for 20-22 minutes til done. they should be golden and a cocktail stick pushed into the middle should come out clean.