- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all cookie ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edged are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile -- combine all glaze ingredients in small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Frost warm cookies with glaze.
- Sprinkle with grated lemon peel, if desired.