Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 mins
I found this recipe on the inside of a butter container.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all cookie ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edged are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile -- combine all glaze ingredients in small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Frost warm cookies with glaze.
- Sprinkle with grated lemon peel, if desired.
I agree with ransome house(7-25-09)...real flat ...also threw the dough out after first trays came out of the oven...grandma nan from cal
Flat cookies...decent flavor, but were too flat to do anything with them. I ended up throwing out the dough after baking the first batch.
pretty good! a little more lemon would have been great. also - lay off the dye in the glaze - they look better in white! thanks so much!