1/2 Photos of Frosted Brownies or Texas Brownies
Mimi in Maine's Note:
This makes a huge cookie sheetful of wonderful brownies or better yet, a cross between a brownie and a cake. These will be enough to bring to a gathering and everyone will love them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup dark unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1In a large bowl combine flour and sugar.
- 2In a large saucepan combine butter, shortening, cocoa, and coffee.
- 3Mix well and heat to boiling.
- 4Pour into the flour and sugar; mix well.
- 5Add the buttermilk, baking soda, eggs, and vanilla.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Pour into a well-greased 11x17 1/2 cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or till done.
- 8While brownies bake make the frosting.
- 9In a large saucepan combine the butter, cocoa, and milk; heat to boiling and mix well.
- 10Mix in the confectioners sugar and vanilla and mix till smooth.
- 11Pour warm frosting over the brownies as soon as you take them out of the oven.
- 12Cool; cut into 48 bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosted Brownies or Texas Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1966 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.3
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 66.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g