Recipe by wife2abadge
Easy and delicious! The original recipe calls for 1/2 c flaked coconut, toasted and 1/2 c chopped pecans toasted to put on top, but I leave them off for my picky family. Instead of 1 1/2 c m&ms, I will often use only 3/4 cup and chop up kit kat bars or other candy bars to use for the second 3/4 cup. I also usually use the mini milk chocolate baking M&Ms
Top Review by Tamaretta
We all loved this recipe from TOH! I came here to post but it was already posted. I cheated and used a box brownie mix (bkz I didn't have unsweetened choc), then the icing (which we really enjoyed) and the pecans and M&M's. My son doesn't like coconut so we used crused oreos. We are planning on serving this for one of our Christmas desserts. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups M&M's plain chocolate candy
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter, cocoa, and sugar.
- Remove from heat; stir in flour til smooth.
- Add eggs and beat til smooth.
- Spread onto a greased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or til toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a mixing bowl, beat confectioner's sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency.
- Spread over brownie crust.
- Top with M&Ms.