Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This idea was given to me by a fellow Zaarian, Parker's Mom. She wasn't sure of quantities, so I fiddled around with the quantities until I got a combination that seemed good to me. Posted with her permission. :) This stuff really is as delicious as she said! This is such a colorful snack and would be pretty for Easter or a baby shower. Recipe an easily be doubled or tripled. Listed servings are 2-3 pieces each, but will vary depending on size of clusters. Cook time listed is for cooling.
- Melt bark in microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Continue to melt in 20 second increments, stirring in between, until melted smooth.
- Pour cereal, one cup at a time, into melted bark.
- Stir well between each cup.
- Scrape most of mixture to side of bowl so that any remaining bark pooled in bottom of bowl is easily accessible.
- Add last 1/2 cup of cereal and try to mix as completely as possible.
- Spoon mixture onto wax paper in tablespoon-sized (approximately) clusters.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
I was given this recipe many years ago by a co-worker. It has been a #1 requested treat at Christmas time. I add 1 c. mixed nuts (minus the Brazil Nuts) and 1 c. mini-marshmallows after adding the Fruit Loops, plus I use more Almond Bark to cover generously.
Nice, quick, and easy, and the little ones love it. May not be the healthiest snack in the world, but I'm making it for Christmas, when splurging is the name of the game. BTW, we did it with almond and vanilla bark, as well as white chocolate. All were eaten.
Our grandson and the neighborhood kids sort of swallowed these whole!!! In otherwords...they loved them. Fun for kids to made also. Thanks for the fun recipe Kathie.