Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
The longer it sits the more flavorful it gets! This is the best summer dish and so cheap to make. Try it! I've added cooked chopped chicken to make it more of a meal and it's excellent! If you are serving this at a party, crunch up all of the ramen noodles on the top. They get soggy after a full day so if this will be eaten over a couple of days, hold off on the ramen noodles until just before you eat it.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 large head of cabbage
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix up first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. This can be the same bowl you present your salad inches.
- Open the packages of ramen noodles and take out the flavor packets. Stir contents of both packets into the bowl.
- Chop the cabbage finely then stir it into the large bowl with the dressing already in it.
- Add toasted almonds, green onions, and top with crunched up ramen noodles.