Recipe by Chef Kate
An homage to Fritz Maytag, son of the blue cheese creator, and his family, this martini was on the drinks list at Dine Restaurant on Madison Street in Chicago when it opened a little more than a year ago. It features Junipero Gin, made by Anchor Distilling Co., an offshoot of Fritz Maytag's Anchor Brewing Co., in San Francisco, and Maytag blue cheese-stuffed olives.
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, at room temperature
- 2 -3 large pitted green olives
- 3 ounces gin (or vodka)
- dry vermouth
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour a few drops of vermouth into chilled martini glass, twist glass to coat, then drain out any excess.
- Stuff the blue cheese into the olives with a butter knife. Set aside.
- Pour gin (or vodka) in a cocktail shaker two-thirds full of ice. Stir vigorously until shaker is ice cold.
- Pour into a martini glass; garnish with the olives.